Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Lucienne Day Block


This was a tough one. I found Yahaira's inspiration very inspirational. In fact, I didn't know where to start. I also found myself wanting to make an entire quilt as opposed to one block. In fact, I will definitely be making a quilt inspired by Lucienne Day one of these days. So much eye candy.

One of the best things for me was searching for more images. When you see the designs in context you see the scale of them. I loved that. These aren't quiet designs. They are large and bold.

Thank-you Yahaira, for pointing me, us, in this direction.

6 comments:

  1. that's what made writing my inspiration post so hard, there were so many possibilities! LOVE your interpretation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your color choices and the modern simplicity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so in love with your quilting bee! All of your work is wonderful . . . mid-mod is my favorite decorating and architecture style and I'm trying to figure out how to incorporate it into my home with my sewing. Thanks for such wonderful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you familiar with the artist Terry Frost's work? You might find it inspiring too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hanging chair is my favorite style among all chairs, you can learn more about furniture by Emd on it.
    Leather sofa is my favorite style among all 2 seat sofa, you can learn more about furniture by Emd furniture on it.
    Barcelona chair replica is my favorite style among all Leather sofa, you can learn more about furniture by emdfurniturecenter on it

    ReplyDelete