Monday, November 8, 2010
Saturday was my catch up day and I finished these two blocks for Cheryl and Amanda.
First up is Cheryl's right angle block. I searched for right angle pictures in an image search and was inspired by this balcony image:
Here's my very literal translation into a block.
For Amanda's block, I started cutting prematurely and with no plan at all which resulted in one of the arms of the chevron being crazily pieced. Thanks for sending so much fabric! It was a lifesaver for me.
Jon was looking through the pictures on my camera and stated, without prompting, "Ooh, this is really cool! It looks very 1960's." He laughed when I told him the purpose of this bee.
And, here's the full on shot. I almost cropped out my thread catching sock, but left it in there because I'm sure you can all relate!