Monday, November 22, 2010

Robin's mod blocks

My block for Debbie... inspired by those butterfly roofs that were so popular with mid-century design. I always wondered about them. Living inside a house with a roof like this would mean the interior of the house had a low ceiling and thus made for a cozier space. As the house expanded outwards, the ceiling slopes upward thus creating an expansive feel. It must have been something to live in a space like this, but what did they do about the rain? Did it pond up there in that bend? Pardon me for allowing my mind to wander...

A second block, made to mimic the lines of the first:
For Amanda my chevron turned out to look like a symbol from the periodic table of elements... well maybe in another language.

Have a wonderful holiday season everybody! See you in January!

2 comments:

  1. yay! loving the chevron - and you're right about the periodic table! happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robin, these are wonderful!! I have wondered what happened to the rain too :)

    Love the chevron.

    ReplyDelete